10 good reasons to get a SoLina one
- Easy to use! Just two lids on either side. Pop the food in! - Done!
- Moves in all directions! Turn or tilt it whichever way you want, to follow the sun!
- No buttons or switches! No matter where you are, leave the manual at home!
- Energy independent! Good strong sunshine is all that matters!
- Never hot to the touch! Neither burns your hands, nor the forest you are in!
- Makes good food! Get a whole chicken, potatoes and soup in less than 3 hours!
- A breeze to clean! Sponge it, rinse it, mop it and watch the dirt disappear!
- Always ON! It's an eerie feeling out in the winter sun, discovering, it is still on!
- High educational value! With the sun-dial you become a professional sun tracker!
- Looks nice & stylish! Honestly, have you ever seen anything like it?
10 good reasons Not to get a SoLina one
- Comes at a price! It is still early days and every unit is produced individually!
- Difficult to understand! Once the solar principle is understood, everything falls into place!
- Feels quite heavy! Using only low-tech materials, throws in some 25kg of weight!
- Only manually operated! For many this is an advantage, but will see, what comes in the future!
- Takes too long to cook! Slow-cookers work just the same and are quite trendy!
- Takes up too much space! A sunny spot facing south works just fine, but free tracking is better!
- Seasonal effectiveness! Follows the seasons, like we used to, at its full potential for every day!
- Doesn't like clouds! It has its own heat buffer, but really cloudy days mean - no solar cooking!
- Has no Off switch! Rotating it out of the sun will safely switch it off, but then, why waste it!
- Not everybody's style! A small production line, offers a lot of room for customization!